A wind tunnel is a large machine that can simulate the movement of air and the factors that can change or influence it around a flying spacecraft or an aircraft.
Westenberg Engineering is offers two types of wind tunnels called “Eiffel” and “Gottingen” wind tunnels. Eiffel wind tunnels are open return and Gottingen wind tunnels are closed return.
Same as Wind tunnel 825540-G; Wind tunnel 818035-G is a closed return wind tunnel which is also called a Gottingen tunnel named after the research laboratory in Germany where the tunnel was used for the first time.
Both Eiffel and Gottingen wind tunnels have remarkable advantages which you may find in the following lists:
Advantages of Gottingen wind tunnels:
- High-level flow quality in the test section.
- Low cost of operating.
- Quieter operation in comparison with an Eiffel tunnel.
Advantages of Eiffel wind tunnels:
- High-level design for smoke visualization and propulsion.
- Low cost of construction.
- Zero accumulation of exhaust products
As mentioned earlier, Westenberg Engineering is a pioneering manufacturer in Germany which offers an extensive range of superior Gottingen and Eiffel design wind tunnels.
Therefore, you may take a look at the the technical data of 818035-G and compare it with the other types supplied by us to find the one which best suits your needs.
Technical characteristics of Wind tunnel 818035-G:
- Length of working section: 270 mm
- Diameter of jet outlet: 180 mm
- Flow velocity: 0.3 m/s to 35 m/s (50 m sea level)
- Contraction ratio: 4.3
- Fan connection: 240 Volt / 50 Hz
- Turbulence ratio at 20 m/s: 0.3 to 0.5 %
- Dimensions (Width x Height x Length): 620 mm x 1550 mm x 3200 mm
- Motor output: 0.75 kW