Wind tunnels are machines which provide a prevailing air stream in a horizontal or vertical flow. A pioneering company in Germany named Westenberg Engineering offers an extensive range of up to the minute wind tunnels.
Wind Tunnel 818065-E is almost similar to Wind Tunnel 818030-E. The distinguishing difference is that the Length of working section in 818065-E is smaller. But the maximum of flow speed, as well as the contraction ratio is higher.
To find the wind tunnel that better suits your needs; you may take a look at the technical data of Westenberg’s Wind Tunnel 818065-E and compare it with Wind Tunnel 818030-E and Wind Tunnel 818020-F.
Technical specifications of Wind Tunnel 818065-E:
- Length of working section: 240 mm
- Diameter of jet outlet: 180 mm
- Contraction ratio: 8
- Turbulence ratio at 20 m/s: 0.5 % to 0.8 %
- Flow speed:3 m/s to 65 m/s
- Fan connection: 400 V / 50 Hz (other frequencies and voltages are possible on demand)
- Dimensions (Width x Height x Length): 900 x 1510 x 4450 mm
- Motor output:5 kW
Since wind tunnels study the external aerodynamics and internal flows; they can be used in testing and development of products. For example, in the automotive industry, you may use wind tunnels to develop aerodynamic designs.